Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lies and Liars

Why does it hurt when people lie? A question I was thinking about a lot today. Yes, somebody lied to me infact a many somebodies lately. Whats worse when you know that someone is lying to you and just goes on and on and on, without the slightest knowledge or notion that you might have already found their lies out.
First on you feel like a fool. Why? Oh well because the liar probably thought you were dumb enough to be lied to. He or she probably thought you were not smart enough to find out.Then you think no maybe thats not it. Its just that they think you trust them and you would never question them. Now this stage is very hard for you. It is hard because you end up feeling guilty. You start thinking - "I should've trusted him or her... Why did I have to find out that he or she has lied to me?" That's where I am at currently.
But wait a moment.... Why did he or she or they lie? How can he or she or they look me in the eyes and act like nothing is wrong. I love he, she and them but I am hurt. I just want to be on my own right now. What's better I am very far from he, she and them. All of them cant come to see me.... Isolation... Just me, my dog, my family (whom I can stay away from whenever I like), the stars and the moon at night, the sun at daytime, the birds, the insects and a few towns people whom I can just ignore.
Now I dread going back... I know I have to ... Should I lie and tell he, she and them I'm still out of town? Gees that would make me a liar too. So lies give birth to many lies and many more liars.... Stop lying!! For heavens sake just stop!!! God save me... Heal my aching heart...

1 comment:

Dev said...

This is something that I really have not managed to figure out.
Why do some people just live in lies? Some bluff and keeping telling tales about the great things they 'do' when nothin as such ever happened.. these are tolerable to an extent.
But, when it comes to close friends and important issues... a lie can be disastrous. Its complex.. some just cannot be honest, for some cases it could also happen that the liar takes the issue lightly while the one lied to, keeps it in mind seriously.. and later when this is observed by the liar, more lies to cover up keep coming in a chain.