Saturday, February 07, 2009

Move to Mumbai: Initial fears

It was January 1997, a misty start of my life and the first time I experienced the death of someone I was really attached to. Moreover, as the story of my life went it was time to shift countries, wherever dad's job would take us. But this time it meant coming home to my country, India. A little bit of apprehension of the change from NRI to pukka (term used to mean complete) Indian set in. I studied Hindi from the CBSE board, but couldn't speak a word fluently.. lol although i always scored well in Hindi (not boasting but around 90 per cent)...
There I was clueless, about how I would fit in.. No more malls, game arcades, white sand beaches, drives down the desert and most of all no more the luxury of my own room, where I spent most of the day listening and dancing to music. As I took down my posters of favourite actors and musicians from my wall, I suddenly felt like I wanted to stay... But it wasn't a choice left to me..

1 comment:

Deeseelicious said...

Id love to know more about those posters u took down
:)