Monday, April 03, 2006

Wake up oh my generation but dont go back to sleep!!

Hmm lets see what did i do today... i was a really good girl!!.. Was at home today.. Working on my project on the recent doctors strike in Maharashtra.. If its something worth while i will post it on the blog... n yeah gotto prepare for my exams.. The last one for this year atleast.. I am graduating.. Yippeee!! I am a big girl now.. Lol... I am really bored today.. and i really wanted to go for a movie or something.. But nah not happening got work today...

Relevance of the doctor’s strike- my life now revolves around it.. Got to find the essence of the strike.. Was it ethical for the doctors to strike?.. Was it fair for the Government to take advantage and not give the doctors a good working environment?.. I mean doesn’t every individual deserve respect?.. I am trying not to take sides.. I am not supposed to for my project.. But I am definitely on the side of the doctors.. The Government is playing big bully.. Gees its getting to me i have to do something about it... cant wait to be a journalist have so much pent up inside me.. Can’t wait to write.. To write as a weapon for society.. Violence is definitely not the answer... but we sure need a revolution.. in every area of our lives.. Education, governance, defence, corporations, business... all of us need one..
But not one like in Rang De Basanti.. Where the generation only awakens to fall back to sleep while their lovers watched planes fly over their heads somewhere in scenic rural Punjab.. Guys .. All you Indians (me included) we do have to do something..
I am not saying this because of some mild euphoric revolutionary ideas birthed in me because of the doctor’s strike.. This whole semester been dealing with crime, page three, communalism and trade unions.. Trust me most of us don't have the real picture.. We have only the tip of the iceberg...
So start a revolution with the need to know... the need to know more than what the media says.. More than what your parents, teachers, elders, opinion makers say.. C’mon rise up people.. Not only the young.. The old.. Not only women but men.. Not only guys but girls.. Not only the marginalized the rich... c’mon everybody who lives and breathes wake up...
I had this inside me a lot.. Just had to let it out.. I don’t think I am wrong to believe this.. I don’t think idealism should die.. It drives one towards perfection.. Maybe we will never reach perfection but atleast we will reach closer to it.... pull up your socks people.. Its time...

1 comment:

Dev said...

Even I was thinking a lot about how can India change itself. What revolution can make things change?
How do we make all people unite together? Whats the ideal deomcracy? etc..
I have spent 4 years in a Government engineering college, where I have got the opportunity to interact with a wide spectrum of Indian people - middle class, backward, and the well off. Over a period of time, looking at things in different angles, I notice that the Indians have a very large bag of problems - thousands of them, all entangled one over the other.
I see that some of them understand my views about the need to change, and some dont. but, most of them lack an attitude - the attitude to to take up things seriously and act responsibly. They seem to talk more and work less. They just dont have the will to change things themselves or follow rules. They are passive people. They would take things the way it comes. If life sucks, they just live that way. These form the benign tumors of India. However, whats worse is that just like the way you and me can be potentially active people to instigate change, the same way you have some people who exist in the system who are not passive, but active to maintain things the way they are. These form the malignant tumors of india. They woulld squash any attempt to change things and improve society - thats the reality of the problem.
So unfortunately, whether we like it or not, there is hardly a change that can be done, specially with the tremendously large country India is.