Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In This Golden Valley I Grow (September 30, 2005)

                     Sometimes life seems hard to bear
                      Full of sorrow, trouble and woe
                       It's then I have to remember
                  That it's in this golden valley I grow


                  If I always stayed on the mountain top
                        And never experienced pain
                    I would never appreciate God's love
                        And would be living in vain


                          I have so much to learn
                        And my growth is very slow
                    Sometimes I need the mountain tops
                   But it's in this golden valley I grow


                        I do not always understand
                       Why things happen as they do
                      But I am very sure of one thing
                        My Lord will see me through


                        My little valley is nothing
                    When I picture Christ on the cross
                    He went through the valley of death
                       His victory was Satan's loss


                     Forgive me Lord, for complaining
                       When I'm feeling so very low
                      Just give me a gentle reminder
                  That it's in this golden valley I grow


                      Continue to strengthen me, Lord
                         And use my life each day
                      To share your love with others
                       And help them find their way


                        Thank you for valleys, Lord
                         For this one thing I know
                      The mountain tops are glorious
                   But it is in this golden valley I grow!
 

                 REMEMBER  Thru what Valley or Mountain...
          The shortest distance between a problem and a solution
              is the distance between your knees and the floor
                      The one who kneels to the Lord
                          can stand up to anything

No comments: