Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The 'we' we had is toast (December 11, 2005)

Why did you not read between the lines?
Shouldve looked deep into my eyes.
But made the situation only prickly as pines.
Never strained to hear my heart's true cries.
 
Was hurt for many made promises untrue,
But took a chance on you, took a mighty risk,
Trust was the key word in my love for you.
People say should discard this like a scratched disc.
 
 
You said you'd hold on to what we had real tight,
Wanted to stand up and go against the flow,
But my dear you just gave up without a fight,
All you had to do was to hold my hand & not let go.
 
You never stopped me from leaving,
When i walked out you just stood and watched,
The sight of your tears keeps me grieving,
It was in your hands to stop it being torched.
 
 
Do u want to know why i ran away?
It was 'cause you gave up so easily.
You never even asked me to stay.
I said it had to be over, you didnt disagree.
 
 
Ive given you enough time, Im moving along.
Didnt make out when i needed you the most,
Decided Im better off alone writing my own song,
So as off now, you and me is totally burnt toast.
 
-Azriela

No comments: